Enigma Collective
As we have previously announced we now have some new forums. These forums weren't meeting our requirements for a number of reasons.

We have shifted to our own forums instead of them being hosted by fourmotion.com. This allows the staff to attach files to our posts nd overall gives us greater control.

You will also notice that the comment system on our site is gone, being replaced with the forums comments. This is so we don't get comments in two separate places. Guests can still reply to the news items without registering.

Hope to see you on the new forums soon.

http://forums.enigmacollective.org

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enigma Collective
As we have previously announced we now have some new forums. These forums weren't meeting our requirements for a number of reasons.

We have shifted to our own forums instead of them being hosted by fourmotion.com. This allows the staff to attach files to our posts nd overall gives us greater control.

You will also notice that the comment system on our site is gone, being replaced with the forums comments. This is so we don't get comments in two separate places. Guests can still reply to the news items without registering.

Hope to see you on the new forums soon.

http://forums.enigmacollective.org
Enigma Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Enigma Collective
These forums are now read only. New forums: http://forums.enigmacollective.org

You are not connected. Please login or register

My favorite manga.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My favorite manga. Empty My favorite manga. Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:51 pm

donkie737

donkie737
Admin

Clearly I am bored, and wish to fill this otherwise empty forum, so, here is a short list of my favorite manga series.

First up is Negima! Whooop! Negima is sooooo cool. It's the only manga series of which I currently own *cough* legal copies *cough* *cough*. Not for long though, honest. Wink Fantasy is my very favorite genre, so Negima is all the rage in my book. Too bad they only focused on the cutesy stuff in the original anime series, because if they followed the story a bit more closely, I am sure people would have liked it a lot more. I for one cannot bring myself to watch any of the episodes past episode 21 (or 22, which ever one has the tragic, not to mention bogus, ending) If only they did the cultural festival arc. That would have been EPIC!

Secondly, I am, after all, a little bit of a romance freak (and I'm not even ashamed to say it), so it should come as no surprise that one of my current all time favorite manga series, currently number 2 on my list, is non other than Kare First Love (Which I oh so hope they make into an anime series). Very very nice story with a decent ending. Unlike Special A which keeps you captivated and then ends. No explanation, no kiss, no marriage, no closure what so ever, it just ended leaving me hanging. (I will never forgive you for that Maki Manimi) What I liked about Kare First Love is that they never bored me with the same things over and over. They would explore each story arc and then move on. I liked that.

After I read every chapter of Negima that was out at that time (I think it was chapter 211 or something), I whois'ed Ken Akamutsu over on Wikipidia and discovered another series by him called Love Hina. Long story short, I loved it. I promised myself that I would only download and read 5 chapters each day when I first started, but that quickly turned into 25+ chapters each day and before I knew it, it was over. Great series though. Really wonderful and it had a decent ending. It is currently listed at number three on my all time favorite list. I only wish it was a little longer, but oh well.

Yeah, so that is my top 3 manga series at the moment. I read other stuff like "you're my girlfriend" also by Maki Minami and "Hatsukoi Limited" by the woman who did "Ichigo 100%" (which I never read, but watched the anime series and OVA's), all of which was nice, but the three series mentioned above are the only ones currently worthy of being on my "favorite manga" list.

That's about all I can think of.

http://www.enigmacollective.org

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum